CERTIFIED MEDICATION TECHNICIAN TRAINING PROGRAM
This training course is a MBON APPROVED 20-hour program. It is designed for persons who wish to administer medication at Assisted Living Facilities, School Health settings, Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) Alternative Living Units, Department of Juvenile Services (DJS) Residential placement programs, Correctional Facilities (Prisons) Adult Daycare Centers, Group homes, and other Community-based settings under the Delegation of a Registered Nurse
Students Enrolled in the Course will learn the following:
- Role of the Medication Technician (CMT)
- Safe Medication Administration
- Medication Uses, Responses, Interactions and Documentation
- Observing, Reporting and Recording Physical and Behavioral changes as it relates to Medication Administration
- Medication Routes of Administration
- Medication Storage
Cost for Initial Certified Medication Technician (CMT) Course
|Tuition (includes manual)||$260.00|
|Maryland Board of Nursing Application (MBON) FEE||$20.00|
To register for the CMT class, A Nonrefundable $85.00 deposit is required. Non-refundable meaning, refunds are not granted. Once your deposit has been made, you are officially registered for the course. Payments can be made by Credit Card, Debit Cards or Cash App. Your deposit will be deducted from the program cost.
The remaining balance will be $195.00 and is due by the first day of class.
Private Classes are available at an additional Cost.
Initial Medication Technician Student Expectations
- Provide Picture Identification for file application
- Provide Selfie for Maryland Board of Nursing Internet Application
- Provide a copy of the COVID-19 Vaccine Record or
- Provide Neg COVID-19 Test Results
- Wear a Mask if not vaccinated for COVID-19
- Have Temperature taken & Answer Covid-19 Questions
- Arrive on Time (after 15 minutes there will be no class admittance)
- Attend all Class Days
- Wear Nursing Scrub Uniform
- Wear small pearl sized post or small hoop Earrings
- Present with Fingernails that are Filed & Trimmed
(Active or Sport length)
- Wear a Water-Resistant Second-Hand Watch
- Bring your own Ink Pens, Pencils, and Highlighters
- Snacks, covered drinks, and packed Meals are allowed
- During Class Time all Cell phones must be placed on vibrate or turned off
For more information Click here.